Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Va-Va-Va- Vista and other Assorted things

My new laptop came preloaded with Windows Vista. I like it. But unfortunately none of the third party software I normally use is Vista ready. Like Yahoo Messenger and Launchcast. I've received the memo that states they will be ready soon, but I'm missing them now.
It's not just Vista I love. I'm learning that Microsoft OneNote is indispensable for a student. I sat in class and took the best lecture notes ever. All neat and organized. Complete with a diagram of the heart and Cardiovascular system. No more struggling to figure out what I wrote in my little notebook. I can see lots and lots of uses for OneNote.
The training of my replacement appears to be going ok. How can one be sure that the person they are teaching is really 'getting' it. Unfortunately I haven't had a lot of projects that are ready to go now, so I feel like I'm going to be taking the training wheels off the new guy before they are ready. I'm anxious to begin my new position, but apprehensive about leaving the reins of my old job in someone else's hands.
It's Tuesday and it feels like it should be Thursday. I have my doctors appointment tomorrow and we're supposed to get a big snowstorm. Tomorrow could be an adventure.

No comments: